HSS drill bits with 1/4″” hex shank, creates accurate, centered holes for hinge screws. Drill bit Sizes 2.8, 3.5 & 4.2mm.
Perfect carpenter tool for woodworking, mounting hinges on wood doors, cabinets, windows, etc.
- Easy to use and install, change bits quickly
- Ideal for centring pilot holes for hinges
- Comes fitted with HSS bits and the unit diameter is 2.8,3.5 and 4.2mm suitable for most common hinge screw holes
- Engraved shank for identification
- Easily dismantled for cleaning or drill replacement
- Fitted with standard 1/4inch shank
- Spring loaded shaft to dampen screw while drilling pilot hole
Rough pilot hole guide
7/64″ – Hole cutting diameter is about 2.8mm, for 3.0 – 3.5mm tapping screw.
9/64″ – Hole cutting diameter is about 3.5mm, for 4.0 – 4.5mm tapping screw.
11/64″ – Hole cutting diameter is about 4.5mm, for 5.0 – 5.5mm tapping screw.
Unit length 90mm – drill depth maximum approx 6mm